District Energy: The Asian SituationHosted By : Tim Haïdar
December 19, 2011
About this Podcast...
In this exclusive interview with Energy iQ, Tim Burbury, partner at King & Spalding’s Global Transactions Practice Group based in Abu Dhabi, speaks with Tim Haïdar about the spread of District Energy projects throughout Asia.
In the course of his interview, Mr Burbury touches on:
· Co-location of utilities for lesser environmental impact and better power consumption
· How governments can support for district energy projects
· The difference between the MENA and Asian markets
· How the financial crisis since 2008 has shaped public private partnership involvement with district energy projects
· Examples of legal issues encountered when going through a district energy project