PRMS: A Reserves Document For All SeasonsHosted By : Tim Haïdar
July 11, 2012
About this Podcast...
In this exclusive interview with Oil & Gas iQ, Satinder Purewal, Technical Director and COO of Energy Equity Resources talks about the novel reserves estimation techniques and the applications of the PRMS reserves document.
Satinder has 29+ years global Reservoir/Petroleum Engineering experience of many large Oil & Gas development projects (including 4 years in Nigeria with Shell). His major project involvement has included Kashagan (Kazakhstan); Buzzard, Scott, Piper, Claymore and Gryphon (UK); Ourhoud (Algeria); Nembe Creek and Nigeria LNG (Nigeria); Schoonebeek (Holland).
He has also worked on projects in Norway, Russia, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Israel, Brazil, Trinidad, Italy, Mauritania, Indonesia and India and led several M&A technical teams. During the last few years, Satinder was responsible for Proved Reserves Assurance for Shell’s European Region, Global Proved Reserves training and delivery of several reservoir engineering courses worldwide.
In the course of this interview, Satinder touches on:
· The background behind the PRMS document’s evolution
· Uptake of novel technologies in the reserves estimation fold
· The “shale gale”, Chapter 8 of the PRMS document and the estimation of unconventional resources
· The need for a wider unconventionals database in order to fully understand reserve estimations
· The applications and implications of the 222-page PRMS applications guidelines document
· In one word, the biggest issue in the energy industry? Unconventionals
Overcoming the challenge of implementing enterprise warehouses in upstream oil and gas
July 3, 2012
The Journey to Operational Excellence – Taking Environmental Stewardship to the Next Level
June 18, 2013
New Capability Development Strategies for Global Oil and Gas
April 6, 2011