Health, safety, and environment is a major factor in all parts of the oil and gas industry - particularly for those working in high-pressure or dangerous environments, such as offshore drilling platforms.
HS&E forms a major part of asset integrity strategies, OPEX initiatives, optimisation, recruitment, and E&P. Without a strong risk evalution and management process, or enough focus on the human resources in an organisation, modern O&G companies will find themselves severely hamstrung.
HS&E has an extremely variable definition but almost always includes:
- Identifying hazards and effects
- Establishing assessment criteria
- Evaluating potential hazards and their outcomes
- Ratifying clear objectives and KPIs
- Implementing a full strategy
Oil & Gas IQ regularly keep this content hub updated with the latest thought leadership in the space.