Idriss S. Yusuf
GM, Planning and Business, Refinery and Petrochemical Divisions
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Nigeria
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
Digitalisation has proven to be cost effective with no compromise on operations.
Reports suggest that digitalisation has saved oil companies $11 per barrel produced
How can digitalisation be a game changer for Nigeria’s refineries?
- Digitalising existing oil and gas refineries in Nigeria to improve production capacities
- Emergence of a grey collared workforce through integration of man and machines leading to sustained economic growth
- Combining traditional instrumentation with digital technologies to improve existing capacities
12:10 PM Developing operational efficiency and striving towards excellence using a digitalisation strategy
What processes need to be digitalised for production efficiency?
45% of a refinery’s operations can be digitalised. It is critical that we understand where digitalisation can play a very important role
- Advancing plant analytics to identify optimal plant settings thus driving operational efficiency
- Automated management of spare parts and warehousing activities
- Algorithms for efficient planning and scheduling of operations