Post Conference Workshop: Wednesday, 23 October 2019
8:00 am - 8:50 am Registration, welcome refreshments and networking
9:00 am - 10:30 am Live hacking workshop – How easily can your refinery be hacked?
With recent and on going cyber attacks affecting global operations and costing millions of dollars worth of data being hacked and manipulated, the risk and mindset of decision makers for shifting to a digital platform is more than ever. The following workshop will give an insight into how easy it is for hackers to hack into the refineries. The workshop will also train oil and gas industry professionals in the region on developing an effective cyber security strategy to keep data as secure and confidential as possible. Being a heavy data generating industry, there has been an increasing demand of advanced and highly secure security systems and strategies to avoid any kind of loss of information since it can cost operators millions of dollars and loss of reputation.
Attend the workshop to:
- Establish a culture across the organisation highlighting the importance of cyber security
- Identify gaps in current cyber security in organisations and how to address such limitations to deploy a robust system
- Advancements and solutions available to mitigate cyber attacks and efficient monitoring and detection of threats in real time
Omar IbrahimCo-founder and Director
Kuwait Hackers, Kuwait
10:30 am - 11:00 am Networking refreshments break
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Insights from the aviation sector - How every byte of data is optimised and leveraged?
While an oil and gas organisation generates terabytes of data on a daily basis, only a minuscule percentage of the data generated is used for decision making and analysis. This classical approach has resulted in a drop in efficiency and production units, eventually dropping the scale of profitability and optimisation of resources. The following workshop will bring together a group of audience looking into enhancing their skill sets and knowledge on how big data strategies and solutions can bring about a change in the efficiency in an operators tasks and can save millions of dollars over a period of time. The GCC oil and gas industry has started to focus on Big Data fairly recently compared to other parts of the world and this workshop will help stakeholders in managing their data.
Attend the workshop to:
- Explore the world of big data analytics from the aviation sector and the opportunities and precautions in implementing a successful big data IoT strategy
- Aligning software, automation, personnel, and operations to capture and mine through valuable data from assets and equipments
- Generating value in the business and what real time data brings to the organisation
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch break
2:00 pm - 2:00 pm End of workshop day
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.