Post Conference Workshop: Thursday, 25 July 2019
The post conference workshop for this event will give the delegates insights about the newest and most innovative trends in health, safety and security in Oil & Gas, Mining and Construction. These workshops get to the heart of the conference and offer practical solutions and training for the implementation of HSSE standards into your organisation. In addition to this, you get an opportunity to meet and network with peers from these sectors.
9:00 am - 9:15 am Registration and welcome coffee
9:15 am - 11:30 am Occupational safety workshop session: Overcoming occupational safety risk management challenges – Improvement of safety effectiveness and performance by efficient safety implementation and verification of critical safeguards:
Accidents in refining, chemical and petrochemical sectors around Africa drives the need for formal development of occupational safety within the region for both offshore and onshore facilities. Learn during this workshop session:
- The 5 years of oil production in the Jubilee Field: Operational safety lessons learned for 10 other oil fields in offshore Africa
- Human factors and fallacies of a behavior based safety programme
- How rapid technological progresses can improve safety practices in the oil and gas sector
11:30 am - 12:10 pm Networking and coffee break
12:10 pm - 2:10 pm Health and emergency response workshop session:
Over the past decades the African continent has seen increasing incidents of disaster resulting from natural catastrophes and human activities. The most challenging part for Africa is the under resources health care delivery system to provide emergency responses and access affordable and quality health care.
Get insights and learn from the leading workshop expert what strategic collaboration and partnerships are needed between private and government institutions:
- What is the need and benefit of a multi-sector approach to the management of disasters and emergency response
- What innovative ways exist to improve quick access to health care within the existing healthcare institutions
- Effective time management concepts developed by leading emergency agencies
2:10 pm - 2:10 pm End of the Workshop
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.