Country Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Bilal Mining Services, Ghana
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
10:00 AM REGIONAL PANEL: Satellite monitoring for pipeline asset safety and security assessment to ensure proactive maintenance
Focus: The Global Pipeline Safety Market accounted for USD 6.3 billion in 2016 growing at a compound annual growth rate of 10.1% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2024. Especially in Africa’s most extreme locations, non-stop real-time security, safety and real-time tracking and control is essential for provide a safe working environment
Key question: What is stopping energy companies from using satellite monitoring?
- How can businesses reduce the risk of workplace accidents though the use of satellites?
- What impact do rapid technology transformation and economic disruption have on developing safety plans?
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 24 July 2019
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019
12:40 PM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: How to overcoming flawed communication and failure of reporting systems to ensure business continuity ?
Focus: In a large number of recent accidents, unsafe conditions were detected prior to the actual loss but were not adequately reported or investigated so that the accident could have been prevented
Key question: What are the most accurate communication platforms for reporting in managing a risk situation?
- What are the new software platforms for risk management solutions
- What are the key factors to the right platform to ensure an efficient risk management assessment solution?
2:40 PM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: The 2017 African mining guidelines: How have organisations performed till 2019?
Focus: 16 people were killed in an accident at a gold mining site in northern Ghana, in January 2019. Ghana is Africa's second-largest gold producer and exports of the yellow metal, along with other minerals and oil, drive the country's economy. The industry involves a number of major global players, but small-scale, illegal mining known locally as "galamsey", has been a persistent problem, causing frequent accidents
Key Question: How accurate are the national legal frameworks with international labour standards?
- Implementing quality control of personal protection equipment
- Ensure that dangerous machines are in good working order and safe to work with
- How to determine the right safety representatives based on qualitative high local standards?