Ucheonwu Prince Henry Hart
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
Focus: Mechanical damages are high in oil & gas in Africa and is the primary reason for pipeline hazards which leads to encroachment of pipelines.
29% of incidents and 20% of fatalities happen due to the encroachment of pipelines
Key question: How can companies decrease mechanical damages of the assets?
- How pipeline monitoring and condition assessment will increase inspection rate up to 50%?
- Analytical solutions for correct integration of data sources from real-time inspection to achieve a decrease in fatalities by 70%
- Right training of safety operators to ensure appropriate repair methods for pipelines
11:00 AM INTERNATIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Emergency response planning for surface mines: 9 steps to developing an emergency response plan
Focus: In this session, you will learn how to effectively plan your emergency evacuation plan in case of a fire in the workplace by the use of new innovative technologies such as drones to increase the incident response by 40%
Key question: How effective can an evacuation plan be for controlling the actual accidents and deaths of workers?
- Communication is key: Setting up the right channels for effective and clear communication
- Evaluate current plans, procedures and incident or drill records
2:40 PM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Efficient and effective oil spill response by preparing an efficient and customised SLA for companies
Focus: New discussions on how Service Level Agreement can reduce Nigeria’s oil contracting cycle and oil spill response is now one of the major discussions within the energy sector in Africa
Key question: What are the major challenges for companies reducing oil spill response time by 40%?
- Learn from past incidents which were caused by lack of communication
- How SLA provide mines sites with greater control of their operations safety
- Supervising contractors for work-related safety issues
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 24 July 2019
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019