Ucheonwu Prince Henry Hart
HSE Operations Western Assets
Seplat Petroleum Development PLC., Nigeria
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
Focus: Mechanical damages are high in oil & gas in Africa and are the primary reason for pipeline hazards
which leads to encroachment of pipelines. 29% of incidents and 20% of fatalities happen due to the
encroachment of pipelines
Key question: How can companies decrease mechanical damages of the assets?
• How pipeline monitoring and condition assessment will increase inspection rate up to 50%?
• Analytical solutions for correct integration of data sources from real-time inspection to achieve a decrease in fatalities by 70%
• Right training of safety operators to ensure appropriate repair methods for pipelines
11:00 AM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Emergency response planning: Steps to developing an emergency response plan
Focus: In this session, you will learn how to effectively plan your emergency evacuation plan in case of a fire in the workplace by the use of new innovative technologies such as drones to increase the incident response by 40%
Key question: How effective can an evacuation plan be for controlling the actual accidents and deaths of workers?
• Communication is key: Setting up the right channels for effective and clear communication
• Evaluate current plans, procedures and incident or drill records