Summit Day One: Monday, 16 September 2019
8:00 am - 8:40 am Registration, refreshments and networking
8:40 am - 8:45 am Welcome address by IQPC
8:45 am - 9:00 am IQPC & Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks
Creating a safer future with maintenance as the backbone
With Al Zour all to set start operations in Kuwait, maintenance challenges are plenty, let’s find out what the experts have to say.
9:00 am - 9:20 am Keynote speech - Kuwait's maintenance roadmap to achieving excellence and maximum reliability
9:20 am - 10:00 am Maintenance for millenials – Creating future maintenance leaders in Kuwait.
The Al Zour Refinery is all set to process 615,000bpd. The smallest disruption will cost billions in loss of production, downtime and will have a direct impact on the economy.
How is maintenance transforming across generations?
- Role of technology in maintenance for Kuwait’s transformation into a major downstream hub
- Maintenance mindset for millennials, developing strategies across plants and refineries
- Ensuring minimal maintenance disruption during organisational changes
10:00 am - 10:30 am DokaScaff UNI - a new evolution of scaffolding increasing cost efficiency and safety to all stakeholders in the maintenance industry
Scaffolding as an aid in construction and maintenance has been in use for many decades. The complexity of structures, scale of modern day projects and increase in requirements from all stakeholders demand a safer, more versatile and more efficient scaffolding system to support work at height. Especially in the maintenance field efficiency, adaptability and predictability are major attributes that ensure the success of any scaffolding activity. DokaScaff UNI has proven on numerous occasions that it is the right solution for any scaffolding demand.
How can DokaScaff UNI help increase efficiency?
- Up to 50% higher productivity compared to traditional scaffolding systems allow for quicker access and turnarounds
- Utilizing 3D scanning technology guarantees material and assembly accuracy and therefore reduces time & costs
- A wide range of components allows for optimum adaptation to existing structures
- 3D design standard with integrated structural analysis and superior material quality ensure safety and reliability
Gerald HoermannManaging Director
10:30 am - 10:40 am Speed networking
10:40 am - 11:10 am Networking coffee break and product demos
Effective maintenance of rotating equipment to increase reliability
Rotating equipment is critical for refineries. It requires more maintenance and has the probability of failing 33% more than any other equipment.
11:10 am - 11:40 am Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) for compressors: Avoiding deviations and failure risks in centrifugal, reciprocating and rotating compressors
Maintaining compressors is critical for refineries. Its failure can disrupt operations and result in major downtime. Studies have suggested that a compressor breakdown can cost as much as $100,000 dollars per day.
How can compressor failures be avoided?
- Reconditioning of rotors and blades to increase reliability of equipment and assets
- Maintaining non-warrantied equipment like seals versus warranty-based compressors to enhance your compressor’s performance
- Managing auxiliaries using pre-purchase machinery quality assessment to improve asset life cycle
11:40 am - 12:10 pm Remote monitoring and diagnostics of gas turbines and compressors
Gas turbines and compressors are critical rotating equipment. The remote monitoring and diagnostics of such critical equipment has saved companies $70 million annually.
What strategies can you adopt to optimise the maintainability and reliability of turbines and compressors?
- Effective remote monitoring of turbines by converting data into actionable information
- Increasing turbine reliability and availability through diagnostic software
- Avoiding emergency shutdowns using automatic fault detection and diagnosis systems for turbines
12:10 pm - 12:40 pm Effect of lubrication in reliability of rotating equipment
Using the right lubrication does not just increase reliability it increases the life cycle of asset by atleast 20%. Contamination has caused 70 to 85 percent of hydraulic system failures.
Is your rotating equipment really reliable?
- Increase equipment reliability by protecting and maintaining a good lubrication viscosity
- Reducing bearing failures through an effective particle contamination management programme
- Identifying developing damages through an effective wear debris analysisprogramme
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Prayer and networking break
Career path diversification in maintenance
Having a diversified career path equips employees with various skill sets. This enables them to handle diversified tasks, which can prove to be beneficial to the work.
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm Exclusive session on career development
Refinery engineers have a variety of career paths to explore. However, as time progresses, many engineers find that their experiences diversify to include various management and technical roles throughout the entire organisation.
Which career path suits you the best?
- 3 x 2 matrix approach – Understanding the primary job task between engineering, commercial and operations
- Exploring diversified career paths – Moving from a technical role into various management and commercial roles in maintenance
- Upgrading your skill set to perform diversified tasks across refinery operations
Mohammed Majed Al-ShammaSenior Design Engineer
E-PTW and Intelligent alarm systems
E-PTW systems have saved oil companies around the world an average of $6.5 million in costs and wait time.
1:20 pm - 1:40 pm Electronic Permit to Work (E-PTW) systems for efficient shutdown management
E-PTW systems will help in evaluating the quality of performance to measure effectiveness and reasoning for future failures and deviations in maintenance KPIs.
Avoiding delays and reducing crew wait times has always been a priority, how important is maximising productivity for you?
- What are E-PTW systems and why are they such a talked about subject?
- Using E-PTW systems for fastening the process to avoid delayed failures and shutdowns
- Reducing paperwork and approval transition by creating a web based platform
Rengarajan ThiruvengadaswamyPMPMaintenance Planner
EQUATE Petrochemical Company
1:40 pm - 1:40 pm Reducing downtime using intelligent alarm management systems
An operator receives at least 1200 alarms everyday, with most of being false, they are often a pain for engineers.
Are your alarm systems intelligent enough to prevent faulty warnings?
- How to maximise alarm efficiency?
- Excessive alarm messages is a curse to maintenance engineers and how to reduce them
- Deployment of smart alarm systems to create an efficient environment