Interactive Post-Conference Workshops: Wednesday, 29 November 2017
IQPC’s workshops are unique opportunities to spend valuable time with industry experts. These interactive sessions are extended to ensure that you get to the heart of the conference’s most critical issues and uncover practical solutions you can apply in your own company. When designing our workshops, we create a balance between theory and practice in order to provide you with practical takeaways that can be adapted for your organisation. In addition, there is an opportunity for you to network with peers from similar organisations to build your network for future career opportunities and broaden your industry perspective and exposure.
9:00 am - 9:25 am Registration, welcome refreshments and networking
9:30 am - 11:00 am Securing and developing a unified cyber security programme to develop competency and digital trust across the organisation
With recent and ongoing cyber attacks affecting global operations and costing millions of dollars worth of data being hacked and manipulated, the risk in shifting to a digital platform is higher than ever.
The following workshop will guide the oil and gas industry in the region on an effective cyber security strategy to keep data as secure and confidential as possible. Being a heavy data generating industry, there has been an increasing demand of advanced and highly secure security systems and strategies to avoid any kind of loss of information since it can cost operators millions of dollars and loss of reputation.
Attend the workshop to:
- Establish a culture across the organisation highlighting the importance of cyber security
- Identify gaps in current cyber security in organisations and how to address such limitations to deploy a robust system
- Advancements and solutions available to mitigate cyber attacks and efficient monitoring and detection of threats in real time
Ahmad MohawishSupervisor of Information Security
11:00 am - 11:30 am Networking refreshments break
11:30 am - 1:00 pm Moving towards an efficient and updated digital oilfield for enhanced data creation and monitoring
A digital oilfield is not a new concept and has been around for a fairly long time for operators to implement. Being perceived as a concept of collaborating software and hardware to perform specific production tasks, it has grown to become a much broader concept. It is now about synchronising people, process and technology, including both hardware and software.
The following workshop will elaborate on the advancements in digitising oilfields and making sure existing digital oilfields are updated and maintained for smooth and effective data creation.
Attend the workshop to:
- Learn about restructuring existing infrastructure and applications for smooth adaptation to smart and advanced technology
- Re-establish and refresh knowledge on digital oilfields with latest insights and strategies
- Managing and adapting to increasing complexity in exploration and production activities and solutions available to maximise efficiency and resource management
Sameer DesaiTPL Specialist
Kuwait Oil Company
1:00 pm - 1:00 pm End of workshop day
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.