Senior Officer Intelligence Development Team (Oils Organised Crime Threats)
HMRC Risk & Intelligence Service
Conference Day Two | 18 April
Thursday, April 18th, 2019
9:15 AM COMBATTING FUEL FRAUD IN THE UK
· Examining the scale of the challenge in the UK and what has already been achieved in countering this crime
· The introduction of a recent fuel marking programme: How chemistry is helping defeat fuel fraud?
· Understanding role of mulitnational intelligence sharing in apprehending and prosecuting criminals in the UK
Aim: To establish a better framework for cooperation among revenue and excise authorities across the EU
Method: To hear from authorities involved in multinational operations to counter excise fuel fraud and analyse methods for further cooperation
- What are the main challenges when working with multiple international stakeholders to achieve a common goal?
- Are there barriers to information and intelligence sharing and how can this be overcome?
Would common fuel marking programmes assist in countering this crime across the EU?