Conference Day One: Monday, 28 October 2019
8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration, refreshments and networking
8:30 am - 8:40 am Welcome address from IQPC
8:40 am - 9:00 am Welcome address by the Chairman
9:00 am - 9:30 am Keynote address: The journey of Ruwais area in achieving process safety excellence
How is ADNOC doing it?
- Developing the world’s largest integrated refining and petrochemicals complex with the highest standards of process safely
- Achieving process safety excellence by integrating of new technologies like blockchain and smart tracking devices
- Integrating layers of protection analysis (LOPA) in each process stage
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
Understanding how ensuring SIS can help oil and gas companies to reduce catastrophic incidents up to 40%
9:30 am - 10:00 am Better use of Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) to assess hazards & risks
Within the GCC, oil and gas companies are limiting the usage of LOPA to only determine Safety Integrity Level (SIL) for instrumented systems.
How can the Middle East use LOPA more widely?
- Identifying the benefits of extending LOPA to different elements of process safety: fire & gas detection (F&G) systems, alarms and control and communications systems
- How can LOPA help to implement the risk analysis of specific hazards and establish risk tolerance criteria?
- Determining the appropriate Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) and their Safety Integrating Levels (SIL)
10:00 am - 10:30 am Case Study - ADNOC Phase II (EPC Phase ) of Jet Fueling Tank Terminal at a Major Airport
Velosi Asset Integrity Ltd (VAIL)
Velosi Asset Integrity Ltd (VAIL)
Mr. Ijaz Ul Karim RaoManaging Director
Velosi Asset Integrity Limited (VAIL)
10:30 am - 11:00 am Case study: A more effective use of LOPA in PSM to avoid false assumptions
Companies in the GCC region use LOPA for different and specific aspects, however it can be expanded to cover more pieces of critical equipment
How can the analysis of Safety Instrumented Systems become more effective?
- Setting new and more reliable parameters of SIL to boost process safety
- Understanding how to calculate the Probability of Failure upon Demand (PFD) and risk reduction factors (RRF) in SIS to reduce associated risks
- Understanding how to improve productivity of a LOPA study
Benoy JosephBenoy Joseph Process Safety Expert
10:30 am - 11:00 am The next step in the process safety life cycle
Setting benchmarks for Safety Integrity Levels verification is essential before designing any Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
How can oil and gas companies undertake the SIL verification?
- Understanding the best practices currently used within the sector
- How to avoid unnecessary ESD and reduce operational costs associated with it
- Exploiting the test interval term analysis for a more valuable PFD calculation
11:00 am - 11:30 am Morning Break and Networking
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Sponsor session: How to effectively determine the SIL
The determination of Safety Integrity Level will help to meet or exceed the reliability of the system.
How can be this achieve effectively?
- Mitigates consequences which can result in – Loss of life, personnel injury, equipment damage, loss of production
- Complying with present and future government directives on health, safety and environment
- Effective training of the human capital
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Focused case study: Reliability in hydraulic WSD/HIPS
Measuring reliability and readiness of high integrity proactive systems (HIPS )response during up normal operations in oil and gas plants is a priority for organisations to control incident costs
How can companies address this challenge?
- Preventive maintenance and reliability tests during a shutdown
- How to set high-temperature switch to avoid hazards
- HIPS tracking system: New systems and technologies
Waleed Al-SulamiOperation Unit Head
Saudi Aramco Saudi Arabia
Understanding how to reduce human errors by 60% and improve process safety: A top-bottom leadership approach
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch Break and Networking Opportunity
Round tables session: Interactive Group Discussions (IDGs)
This session offers the opportunity to join Process Safety Engineers, HSE, Fire Protection, Prevention Loss, Asset Integrity Leaders discussing about four of the hot topics currently surrounding the PSM.
This is a chance to gathering together to learn, share ideas and grow your personal network