Pre-Event Workshop Management Of Change: Sunday, 27 October 2019
TIMING: 9:00 – 13:00
The workshop objective is to give participants updates and detailed insights into the best practices used in the management of change (MoC) specifically in the upstream sector.
Any change that has safety implications should be carefully evaluated, including performing a hazard analysis, before it is allowed.
8:00 am - 9:00 am Registration and refreshments
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Workshop session
The upstream oil and gas industry involves processing a high volume of live data during different operations (such as drilling, production, well servicing etc.) and thereby generating a high volume of process or procedure changes.
Key topics include:
- Challenges in implementing a MoC system for facilities not covered under OSHA Process Safety Management program
- Effective MoC work process includes a review and authorisation process for evaluating proposed adjustments to facility design
- Ensuring alignment between the introduction of new practices, processes or technologies with the human capital
- What? Why? and How? In implementing an effective MoC system
- How to safely implement robust MoC in major projects
- Identifying differences in MoC processes and systematic improvement programmes
- Best practices in adopting an e-MoC system
Ayssar HanzaRisk Engineering Director
Ace Energy Group