Tuesday, February 26th, 0019
Julie Thyne has worked for The Dow Chemical Company for the last 20 years in a variety
of manufacturing and engineering positions. She is currently the Continuous Improvement
Leader for North America. Julie is the recipient of the 2014 STEP Ahead award from the
In this workshop, Julie will demonstrate how you can vastly improve reliability using “voice of
the experts” in your organization:
• Who are the experts in your organization?
• How do you unlock breakthrough idea generation?
• How can you transfer plant to-do lists into reliability results?
Main Conference Day One
Wednesday, February 27th, 0019
• Creating a sustainable Operational Excellence framework - even as conditions change
• Linking your Operational Excellence plan to business needs and changing objectives
• Identifying your performance gaps
• How to translate the business values and strategies and policies into action
• Changing the organizational culture to incorporate OE principles into the everyday
• Managing “daily improvement” and strategic scorecard / metrics and sustaining continuous improvement
• Weighing the pros and cons of centralized versus localized continuous improvement programs
- What is the difference between a KPI and an SIC?
- How do you choose the right SICs?
- How can Short Interval Control be used to drive sustainable performance improvements?