Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Join
In this exclusive interview, Tim Haðdar of Oil & Gas IQ speaks with John Watters, Regional Well Engineering Manager for Egypt, Australia & China at BG Group on his experience with successful high pressure high temperature (HPHT) well developments.
John is a Well Engineering Manager with over 20 years experience in the Energy industry. He is accountable for Deepwater and HPHT projects in the North Sea, Africa and China. He has managed large multi-disciplined projects covering all aspects: budget sanction, new country entry, performance improvement and innovation, Health, Safety and Environment, tendering and vendor selection, scheduling and cost tracking.
In the course of his interview, John covers:
- · The importance of forward planning for worst case scenarios and creating contingencies in case problems arise
- · The "anvil and hammer effect" – temperature, pressure and the battle against Arrhenius’s Law
- · The evolution of managed pressure drilling (MPD) from innovative new technology to commonplace practice
- · The move towards intelligent completions and zonal isolation techniques
- · Can equipment keep up with ever increasing demands of extreme downhole conditions?
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below