Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Subscribe
Tim Haðdar speaks with Sigve Krohn Naesheim, Wells Team Leader, Exploration & Development Drilling for BG Group Norge about the pioneering work he was a part of on the company's Mandarin HPHT well, located on the Norwegian continental shelf.
With easily exploitable oil and gas fields now largely depleted or developed, operators are increasingly turning their attention to the development of high pressure / high temperature wells. Whilst HPHT fieldsoffer the chance to reach previously untapped reserves, they are expensive to develop and carry particular challenges and risks for oil and gas companies who take them.
In this interview, Sigve focuses on:
- · The seen and unforeseen challenges that can be involved in HPHT well projects
- · The technical peculiarities of drilling a shallow HPHT well on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- · How the drilling team applied managed to adapt managed pressure drilling with startling efficacy on the Mandarin Well
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below