Giuseppe Spotti, Chief Commercial Officer of Elengy (Engie), Pedro Amaral Frazão, Director of Grupo Sousa and John Ghio, Deputy Captain of Gibraltar Port Authority provide their expert predictions on what the future holds for Energía Costa Azul (ECA) and how this will impact LNG activities in regions like the Mediterranean.
Download the full interview >>
LNG Bunkering remains one of the very few viable options for shipping post-IMO 2020. It is therefore no surprise that there is a heightened interest in LNG Bunkering globally. One region that seems to be particularly primed for an LNG Bunkering renaissance is the Mediterranean.
To gain the full insight to the following questions download the interview now >>
- What upgrades have you made over the past three years?
- What future investments are you planning, and why are these important?
- How did you ensure that the investments you were making were in line with port or terminal capabilities?
- Do you think the preparations for 2050 ECA lead to an increase in LNG activities in the Mediterranean?
- What do you believe will help accelerate the growth of LNG in the Mediterranean?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge you face in the adoption of LNG as a fuel in a port?
- How do you choose between the different solutions in a market to enable the use of LNG as a fuel?
We surveyed Ports, Terminals, LNG Suppliers and other key stakeholders in the LNG Bunkering industry to discover more about the opportunities for LNG Bunkering and Alternative Marine Fuels in the Mediterranean region specifically.
Download the full survey results >>
In the infographic, we discover:
- Where the biggest investments are being made
- Which alternative fuels have the most potential
- The biggest challenges being overcome right now
With record demand growth in 2018, the market is now worth north of $230 billion making it the fastest growing gas supply source. Ahead of the LNG Bunkering Summit: Mediterranean, we surveyed over 100 specialists from across the entire LNG Bunkering supply chain to gain insights into the factors that are driving the LNG market forward.
Download the report on the right >>
In the report, we ask the industry questions such as:
- Will LNG become a widespread fuel for deep-sea shipping?
- What is the #1 factor in adopting LNG as a fuel?
- Which ship types are best suited to LNG fuels?
- What is the biggest challenge in terms of operational infrastructure?
With the introduction of new long-term carbon emission targets, a number of alternative fuels are being considered alongside LNG within the marine sector. With insights from Sjaak Klap, VP Business Development, Spliethoff, this article will explore various alternative fuels under consideration and how these compare to LNG from a cost, sustainability, scalability and availability perspective.