Interactive Pre-Conference Workshop Day: Sunday, 17 September 2017
9:00 am - 9:25 am Registration, welcome refreshments and networking
9:30 am - 12:00 pm Integrity assessment pipeline program and choosing the optimal cathodic protection system to enhance the reliability of pipeline facilities
One of the biggest questions corrosion and inspection experts face is regarding the failure of underground pipelines. A key challenge for operators, there is a need to mitigate the risks associated with pipeline operations. Along with, cathodic protection is perhaps the main area of interest for maximising integrity and requires a thorough strategy in order to mitigate corrosion
Attend the workshop to:
- Highlighting an effective corrosion inspection for better corrosion management
- Mitigating risk associated with pipeline operations
- Risk identification and assessment in the pipeline model
- Cathodic protection criteria for operational effectiveness: Criteria and elements involved
Mahmoud SelimIntegrity Technical Authority
Petroleum Development of Oman (PDO)
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Networking lunch break
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Moving towards remote inspections for accurate and safer inspections
Every industry has seen a significant shift of interest to remote and unmanned devices for various uses. The oil and gas industry is another industry adopting and in the process of adaptation to such technologies. Drones, for instance have been used for various functions in the oil and gas industry. Inspecting well bores, reservoirs, and hard to access pipes and equipment have been a fairly dangerous task for workforce. With such new technologies and solutions present, it paves the way for more efficient inspections and mitigations, which enhances the life of the asset.
Attend this workshop to:
• Gain understanding on the potential of unmanned devices in inspection related activities
• Understand cost analysis and returns on investments on unmanned devices and benefits in the long run
• Shed light on the broad horizons of unmanned devices and how it will help in efficient inspections and reduced risks
Joseph AkanniSenior Mechanical Static Equipment Engineer
3:00 pm - 3:00 pm End of workshop day
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme.
This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.
For the most up-to-date programme, please visit the event website.