Senior Public Relations Manager
Ministry of Mines and Energy, Namibia
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019
11:00 AM INTERNATIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: Emergency response planning for surface mines: 9 steps to developing an emergency response plan
Focus: In this session, you will learn how to effectively plan your emergency evacuation plan in case of a fire in the workplace by the use of new innovative technologies such as drones to increase the incident response by 40%
Key question: How effective can an evacuation plan be for controlling the actual accidents and deaths of workers?
- Communication is key: Setting up the right channels for effective and clear communication
- Evaluate current plans, procedures and incident or drill records
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 24 July 2019
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019
11:00 AM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: Zero harm concepts: Target or reality? A construction perspective to decrease fatalities at the workplace by 35%
Focus: Companies in the energy sector are finding it increasingly important to ensure that the approach high level of HSE is no longer completely focused on workplace hazards; but the workplace systems and the role of decision makers and management
Key question: What are the biggest challenges of zero harm to be inserted into the health culture?
- Can you consider zero harm as a performance indicator?
- How does this phenomenon improve health and safety performance?
- Do you have real time tracking devices at your workplace?
12:40 PM REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER PANEL: How to overcoming flawed communication and failure of reporting systems to ensure business continuity ?
Focus: In a large number of recent accidents, unsafe conditions were detected prior to the actual loss but were not adequately reported or investigated so that the accident could have been prevented
Key question: What are the most accurate communication platforms for reporting in managing a risk situation?
- What are the new software platforms for risk management solutions
- What are the key factors to the right platform to ensure an efficient risk management assessment solution?