Main Conference Day One
Tuesday, June 1st, 2021
This panel session will review alternative fuel concepts for the shipping sector with an emphasis on conversion challenges,
ROI, operational efficiency, fuel properties and the environmental impact. Ultimately, the discussion will focus on how to meet
short and long term carbon reduction targets.
- Assessing different types of alternative fuels that are being considered and explored outside of LNG?
- Exploring the cost, environmental compatibility and availability of these fuels?
- What are the considerations over the full life-cycle rather than just the fuel combustion stage?
- What barriers are holding back progress and how can the industry overcome them?
- What types of technologies are being applied to vessels to reduce emissions?
- How can the entire value chain collaborate effectively in the future to continue exploring alternative fuels and technology?