Strategic Focus Day
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
Now the sulphur problem has left the maritime room, it is faced with the carbon reduction target –
what are the options considering ships being built now will be trading then?
• What are fuels and energy source choices
• Examining different propulsion systems
• Operations optimisation
Conference Day One
Wednesday, January 29th, 2020
This panel will look at the benefits and drawbacks of LNG as a marine fuel. LNG is considered a viable solution to
2030 but what is the best fuel of the future, 2050 and beyond? ammonia, hydrogen, bio-LNG, bio-diesel, wind? A
provocative and thought provoking panel will all viewpoints represented.
Conference Day Two
Thursday, January 30th, 2020
This panel session will review alternative fuel concepts for the shipping sector with an emphasis on conversion
challenges, ROI, operational efficiency, fuel properties and the environmental impact.
• Assessing different types of alternative fuels that are being considered and explored outside of LNG
• Exploring the cost, environmental compatibility and availability of these fuels
• What are the considerations over the full life-cycle rather than just the fuel combustion stage?
• What barriers are holding back progress and how can the industry overcome them?
• What types of technologies are being applied to vessels to reduce emissions?
• How can the entire value chain collaborate effectively in the future to continue exploring alternative fuels and technology?