Director, Performance & Business Excellence
Pre-Conference Workshops: November 4
Monday, November 4th, 2019
10:15 AM Workshop E: Success factors in Operations Management System design and implementation: Why, How, and What?
Many companies have implemented management systems to improve conformance and execution in order to achieve a better state of performance in the pursuit of Operational Excellence. Companies like Andeavor, Marathon Petroleum, Chevron, Exxon and Koch have had tremendous success with their management systems. However, many other companies have found their management systems bureaucratic, costly, complex, and ineffective. This session will highlight the critical success factors in Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) design and implementation.
• Why dynamic, constantly evolving, and combined Operational Excellence Management Systems are needed more than ever
• How to define the “Size of the Prize” and deliver value through implementation of OEMS
• Use of Lean Principles, Plan-Do-Check-Adjust, and the Six Sigma Methodology to build new and improve existing OEMS
• Why Operational Discipline (OD) system is needed to execute the Operational Excellence Management System
• Bring OEMS to Life with Leadership to Life (L2L) – Sustain it with Operational Discipline (OD), Human Factors, and Behavioral Science
• Executive Stewardship, Operational Leadership, and Tactical Ownership