Oil & Gas: Turning Ageing Assets Into New Revenue Streams
In this exclusive interview at Oil & Gas IQ’s 6th Asset Integrity Management Summit in Abu Dhabi, David Stanier, Global Integrity Management Practice Leader at ABB shares his outlook on asset integrity from a service company’s perspective.
The average age of drilling rigs across the world is 25 years-old, and mature fields account for over 70% of the total oil field resources in production today.
With increasingly ageing assets and inhospitable operating environments ranging from the Qatari desert to the Russian arctic, it is becoming more important than ever to enhance asset integrity to and extend the lifespan of maturing infrastructure.
In the course of his presentation, David, outlines:
- How can operators increase their productivity in terms of ageing assets
- Looking at integrity management in the holistic context of people, processes and systems
- How to get a quantifiable payback from your investments in tools and technologies to enhance asset integrity
- The typical mistakes companies are making when trying to better their integrity management framework
- Understanding how to treat asset lifespan limiting variables properly
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below