Overcoming The 7 Challenges To Unstructured Information Management
Every asset operating in the world today has a footprint of legacy data. Within this, a significant percentage will be unstructured information, including documents, drawings, images, 3D models, and even High Definition Surveying (HDS) which comprises integrated laser scan point clouds and high-resolution photography.
Organizing and keeping track of large volumes of this unstructured information from multiple sources, such as suppliers, vendors, and engineering partners is as challenging on a greenfield development as a brownfield site, with constant upgrades, revamps, turnarounds, and maintenance changes in the mix.
In this webinar we look at how you can collate, regiment and master this unstructured data to overcome the main challenges and disadvantages of unstructured information:
- Intensive administration - the vast majority of plants today have information collected over many years in different sources and multiple formats
- High costs and time spent on searching for information
- Decrease in productivity - information is often not easily accessible and only available to specific segments of an organization
- Low quality of information that is often duplicated
- Low information integrity where multiple nomenclature complicates reuse and quick identification
- Unstructured information can exist as locked content
- Lack of quickly accessibility can lead to compliance failures
Interested in hosting your own Webinar or Report on Oil & Gas IQ? Download Our Sponsorship Pack Now
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
|Have Your Say|
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below
Watch the FREE webinar here.