The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World: 2018
Who are the biggest oil companies by revenue in 2018?
The World's Biggest Oil Companies
The world relies on the Oil & Gas industry.
According to the US Energy Information Association, America alone consumed a total of 7.26 billion barrels (19.88 million barrels per day) in 2017. This represents approximately 22% of total world petroleum consumption.
But who are the key players in the oil and gas industry? In recent years the traditional super majors have seen stiff competition from the growing number of National Oil Companies – state owned entities that are increasingly seizing sole rights to major oil reserves.
In this list, we count down the biggest oil and gas companies and gas companies in the world ranked by the volume of oil and gas produced every day. Click on the links on the sidebar to the left to jump straight to each company profile.
- Saudi Aramco
2017 Revenue: $455billion
Nationality: Saudi Arabia
2017 Revenue: $448 billion
- China National Petroleum
2017 Revenue: $428 billion
2017 Revenue: $268 billion
- Royal Dutch Shell
2017 Revenue: $265 billion
- Kuwait Petroleum Corp
2017 Revenue: $251 billion
2017 Revenue: $222 billion
Nationality: United Kingdom
2017 Revenue: $212 billion
2017 Revenue: $114 billion
2017 Revenue: $131 billion
2017 Revenue: $117 billion
2017 Revenue:$129 billion
2017 Revenue: $106 billion
National Iranian Oil Co (NIOC)
2017 Revenue: $110 billion
Learn more about the Oil and Gas Industry:
- Guide to shutdowns and turnarounds
- Oil Price: The Top 25 Events That Rocked The Cost Of Crude Oil
- Guide to FPSO (Floating Production Storage and Offloading)
- A guide to FLNG (floating liquefied natural gas)
- FPSO revival: Opportunities and outlook
- Oil and Gas Industry: How Do You Change a Corrupt Corporate Culture?
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Is North Sea running out of oil and gas? Quite the opposite
- NOC Libya Chairman launches major anti fuel smuggling initiative
- Five ways IT is changing the future of oil and gas
- A four-step plan for data excellence
- The oil and gas sector needs to diversify if it wants to prosper
- AI adoption could be the “sink or swim” moment for oil and gas
- Upcoming report shows oil and gas industry on the cusp of disruptive reform
- The Year In Review: The Biggest Oil & Gas Stories of 2012
- GLOBAL REPORT: BP Energy Outlook 2030
- The World Energy Outlook to 2040 According to ExxonMobil
- More British Tax Increases - Is This A Bridge Too Far For North Sea Oil?
- Vertical Integration: A Way Out Of The Downward Spiral?
- Enhanced EU and UK Sanctions Against Iran and the Oil and Natural Gas Industry
- Avoiding "Tall Poppy Syndrome" - The Keys To A&D In Oil and Gas industry
- Oil & Gas Business: China - A Cultural World Apart
- How Higher Energy Taxes Threaten US Shale Boom & Economy
- Obama, Romney, Aeschylus And US Energy Independence
- Will Global Energy trigger the collapse of the Financial System?
- Is The Oil & Gas Industry Serious About Asset Integrity?
- The Rogue's Gallery: A List of Oil & Gas Characters You Might Recognise
- What is the Oil and Gas Industry’s Personality Style?
- "The Other 27 Per Cent" And The Era of Easy Gas
- Is There Still A Place For The Autocratic Manager In the Oil and Gas Industry?
- Energy Taking A Byte Out Of The Apple:
- Oil & Gas Industry: Libya, un-Surt-ainty and trouble ahead?
- BP, Rosneft, Fouled Nests And Nuclear Undertones
- Oil & Gas Industry: Should we abandon oil and stick with nuclear power?
- Iran Oil Embargo Slips Under The Radar Flying A False Flag
- The Green Economy: Blessing or Curse?
- Five Short Stories From The World Energy Outlook
|Have Your Say!
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the Comments below or via Twitter or LinkedIn