Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Join
In this exclusive Local Content Special, Oil & Gas IQ's Tim Haðdar speaks with Michael Hackenbruch, Principal Advisor at urbanpol Director of Advisory Services at BSR about defining and refining local content strategies in the global energy sector.
This exclusive interview is a follow up to the recent local content article penned in conjunction with Dr Michael Warner, Director of UK-based consultancy Local Content Solutions, in which he spoke about the potential of local content in the mining sector.
In the course of this interview, Michael discusses how local content impacts a mining community compared with an oil and gas community and where in the world local content is done best and what does best-practice consist of?In the course of this interview, Michael discusses the key comparisons and differences between local content in the oil and gas and metal and minerals world, concentrating on:
- · How does local content impact a mining community compared with an oil and gas community
- · Where in the world is local content done best and what does best-practice consist of?
- · The direct benefits that stem from doing local content right in a mining context
- · Taking the cases of Britain and Norway as an example of how beneficial incentivised local content strategies can be to domestic industry
- · The benefits of getting mining companies to aggregate their offerings to foster demand
- · The need for regulators to look at the mid and long-term picture when setting out their stipulations for local content
- · Prolonging the local content push past the customary 2-3 years it takes to set up your supply chain
- · How to successfully transition from a project-centric local content model to an policy integrated and aligned with local partners
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below