BP Energy Outlook - BP Chief Economist, Christof Rühl Explains How Energy Growth Will Increase By 36% By 2030
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a Oil & Gas IQ member.
Or, if you're already a Oil & Gas IQ member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
The world’s population is estimated to grow to 8.4 billion by 2030, 30 years later it will be 10 billion. How is the world going to cope with this growing energy demand?
In this complimentary webinar, BP's Leading Chief Economist, Christof Rühl attempts to answer that question, taking us through the company’s Energy Outlook, an all-encompassing report into long-term energy trends. Accounting for the potential evolution of the world economy, policy and technology, this webinar presents startling projections for world energy markets through 2030, including:
- Worldwide energy demand set to grow by 40% over the next two decades, with virtually all growth coming from developing nations.
- By 2020, coal's share of the global market will begin to fall
- Both the Americas and Eurasia will achieve self-sufficiency in energy by 2030
- Hybrids will account for most car sales and roughly 30% of all vehicles on the road in the next 20 years
The Outlook highlights the central role markets and well-designed policy can play to meet the duel challenge of solving the energy needs for billions of people who aspire to better lifestyles, and doing so in a way that is sustainable and secure. It also highlights potential alternative outcomes, underlining the uncertainties attached to any long term projection.
Who is this webinar for:
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
|Have Your Say|
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below
Watch the FREE webinar here.