Knowledge Is Power: Practical Steps to Identify and Solve Common Organisational Problems
To view this webinar, please fill out the form to register and become a Oil & Gas IQ member.
Or, if you're already a Oil & Gas IQ member, sign in below to view.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Building learning into strategy, delivery and decision-making processes, using new technologies to sense knowledge undercurrents, and increasing the interactions and connections that create channels for knowledge to flow - that is how knowledge works.
Over the last ten years, a community of knowledge and learning practitioners has developed practical tools, techniques, case studies and stories about how to improve organisational performance in this environment. These have been captured in the book “Knowledge Works: A Handbook of practical ways to identify and solve common organisational problems for better performance.”
The webinar explains some of the approaches from five themes that have been selected from the book as particularly relevant to the oil and gas industry:
- Understanding how knowledge is flowing around the organisation and across its boundaries.
- Getting better at decision making in challenging situations.
- Balancing efficiency with innovation.
- How to get the most from experts, and reduce the risk of over-reliance.
- How to have more difficult conversations about more challenging issues and how to use social media to bring in more points of view to help us make sense of what is happening.
The presentation ends by bringing together a number of ideas around making more connections to support knowledge and learning.
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
|Have Your Say|
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below
Watch the FREE webinar here.Presenters: