Structured application data in oil and gas
With G&G applications now common, data volumes, team sizes, and data risk are all on the rise. So how does one build a managed data environment.
Part of the Oil and Gas Technology series
Over the last decade, the popularity of standalone, desktop-based G&G applications has increased significantly.
These applications provide a lot of functionality at an affordable price point for small to medium sized asset teams. However, as teams grow and projects accumulate, so too do the numbers of applications, users, and data volumes.
Eventually, the amount of data that has been imported into and generated by these applications becomes impractical to manage. Furthermore, because all of the data in these standalone applications resides only on individual desktops, it becomes nearly impossible to re-use and share the data that has been acquired, processed, and interpreted without the aid of a data management solution.
Drawing on a range of operator case studies, this exclusive webinar will provide you with a step by step guide to how you can implement a fully structured data management solution for your application environment that will:
- Provide centralized data storage for all of your vetted corporate data
- Integrate with your existing G&G applications so that users can easily retrieve and publish data
- Provide data custodians with the QC tools they need to maintain data quality and integrity
- Give users the ability to browse, search and query all of the data that is available
- Allow project managers to easily document and archive project data at important milestones
Interested in hosting your own Webinar or Report on Oil & Gas IQ? Download Our Sponsorship Pack Now
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
|Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below
Watch the FREE webinar here.