HPHT: The Regulatory Landscape In A Post-Macondo World
Jan Burgess, Health & Safety Partner at Cameron McKenna, offers Oil & Gas IQ a legal standpoint on health, safety and regulation requirements for drilling and well operators in the wake of the Macondo incident.
Macondo underlined the serious systemic flaws that drove a "perfect storm" of errors to culminate in 11 fatalities and widespread environmental catastrophe.
In the course of this podcast, Jan covers:
- · The lack of specificity with regards to HPHT well legislation
- · How Macondo was an "amalgam disaster", combining both a tragic loss of life with the consequences of an environmental debacle
- · The formation of the Oil Spill Prevention and Response Advisory Group (OSPRAG) and what effect this will have on the future of deep water drilling
- · Can and will any resolutions made in the wake of the Deepwater Horizon explosion be rolled out internationally?
- · How good health and safety practices can also entrain the minimisation of risk to the environment
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below