Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Join
In this exclusive podcast, we speak with Ahmed Qabazard, Team Leader Health, Safety & Environment (HSE - West Kuwait Directorate) at the Kuwait Oil Company, about the company’s journey to integrity excellence.
Ahmed is a Member of the American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME) since 1992, an International Who’s Who Historical Society Member 2005 - 2007 and a Member with Kuwait Society of Engineers since 1989. He has worked as a Maintenance, Design, Projects Management and Operations’ Engineer and as an Instructor & HSE Coordinator (since 1997) for KOC and other Companies in the field throughout the last 25-years.
He is currently overseeing the development of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) standards for West Kuwait (WK) Directorate’s new-projects and Oil & Gas Facilities, and leading implementation of the HSE Management System’s (HSEMS) policies and procedures in KOC.
In the course of the interview, Ahmed touches on:
- The West Kuwait Fields and the challenge with regards to integrity
- What KOC has instituted in terms of process safety management (PSM)
- What has been implemented with regards to integrity management (IM)
- What is left to do until the asset integrity programme is truly world class
- What has been gleaned from the journey so far and what key pieces of advice he would give to those aiming at top-notch asset integrity