Conference Day Two
8:15 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND WELCOME COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:30 am HOW WILL THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY EVOLVE TO MEET THE CHALLENGES OF DECARBONISATION?
• Overview of where we are now with the existing fleet and new builds
• Fuel choices and the infrastructure conundrum
• The impact of corporate sustainability, public pressure, risks and opportunities
• What could our industry look like in thirty years?
9:30 am - 10:00 am THE FUTURE IN LNG BUNKERING – FAST AND FLEXIBLE SOLUTIONS
Implementation of IMO 2020 regulations is finally underway. The impacts of the new regulations are positive for LNG, with
the level of usage certain to grow, driven by the environmental restrictions of alternative fuels, the economic attractiveness
of LNG and the increasing global demand for LNG bunkering, with predictions the market will reach 9 mmtpa by 2025. As
the world’s shipping fleets convert to cleaner fuels, demand for dual-fuel technologies and LNG bunkering facilities will
surge. AG&P, with its marine engineering experts Gas Entec, are leaders in delivering best-in-class, highly efficient and
cost-competitive solutions for mid-scale LNG vessels, with solutions that lower overall costs and can be built quickly. This
presentation will focus on the technologies that offering customers speed, flexibility and lower capex.
10:00 am - 10:30 am ENERGIR’S LNG CAPABILITIES IN CANADA: EFFICIENT SOLUTIONS TO MEET ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Energir’s LNG plant in Montreal: Innovations occurring within existing assets
• The logistics of the supply chain and possible fueling solutions
• Development prospects in other North American ports and major trends of the fuels availability and updated pricing
with regard to the uptake of LNG as an alternative marine
10:30 am - 11:15 am SUSTAINABLE SHIPPING - THE GLOBAL LNG PANEL
This panel session will review alternative fuel concepts for the shipping sector with an emphasis on conversion
challenges, ROI, operational efficiency, fuel properties and the environmental impact.
• Assessing different types of alternative fuels that are being considered and explored outside of LNG
• Exploring the cost, environmental compatibility and availability of these fuels
• What are the considerations over the full life-cycle rather than just the fuel combustion stage?
• What barriers are holding back progress and how can the industry overcome them?
• What types of technologies are being applied to vessels to reduce emissions?
• How can the entire value chain collaborate effectively in the future to continue exploring alternative fuels and technology?
11:15 am - 11:45 am MORNING BREAK AND NETWORKING
11:45 am - 12:05 pm UNDERSTANDING THE CHALLENGES OF COMMISSIONING AN LNG FACILITY AND THE REQUIREMENTS OF LNG SHORE TO SHIP BUNKERING STATIONS
12:05 pm - 12:35 pm DRIVE LBG: A SOLUTION TO BLEND-IN TO SERVE THE MARINE DEMAND IN GOTHENBURG
• A sustainable energy transition to environmentally smart alternative projects
• Enabling a “green molecule” (blended LBG) accessible as a bunker fuel for maritime/industrial use
• Insights into the bunkering facility and biogas injection station
• Next steps: investment plans for small-scale LNG expansion in Gothenburg to attract ship owners to the region
12:35 pm - 12:55 pm PORTS IN THE MEDITERRANEAN, WHAT ARE THEY DOING AND ARE THEY READY?
12:55 pm - 1:15 pm UPDATE FROM AN LNG TERMINAL PROVIDER: SSLNG HUBS WITH MARINE-, ROAD-, POWER- AND OTHER FUNCTIONALITIES
• Distribution functions of a small scale LNG plant
• Regasification functions of a small scale LNG plant
• Combining functionalities to enhance the business case
1:15 pm - 2:15 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
STREAM A - RETROFIT AND DESIGN2:15 pm - 2:45 pm THE RETROFIT OF HAPAG-LLOYD’S SAJIR TO LNG
• World’s first conversion of a large container ship to LNG
• Walk through the process of retrofitting: How did we
• Examine the viability of retrofitting
STREAM A - RETROFIT AND DESIGN2:45 pm - 3:15 pm LNG SUBCOOLING, AN INNOVATIVE SOLUTION FOR BOG MANAGEMENT ONBOARD OF LNG BUNKER VESSEL
• New Build Bunker Vessel - Cardissa 6.5K
• Retrofit operation of LNG Carrier to Bunker vessel -
Coral Methane 7.5K
• Large Bunker vessels with Membrane tanks 12K and 18K
• Bunker Barge in USA - Q-LNG 4K
• Small LNG Carrier - ENN 8.5K
STREAM A - RETROFIT AND DESIGN3:15 pm - 3:45 pm BALEÀRIA FERRIES: INNOVATIVE LNG POWERED VESSELS FOR THE MEDITERRANEAN
• New Builds: Conventional and fast ferries
• A look at the retrofit of 6 ferries – an overview of the
projects and our progress
• A detailed examination of port infrastructure
STREAM B - EMISSION REDUCTION2:15 pm - 2:45 pm HOW TO CAPITALISE ON AVAILABLE TECHNOLOGY AND REDUCES EMISSIONS TODAY
• Politics and regulations is supposed to point the
directions, but the ship-owners are confused about
which green pathway and when?
• Deep-sea is consuming 75% of the marine fuel today,
therefore solutions supporting big vessels are crucial to
lower emissions substantially
• LNG is a fossil fuel, is it a dead end? LNG paves the
way for liquefied biogas (LBG).
• A final solution could be synthetic methane in order to
get emission free shipping
STREAM B - EMISSION REDUCTION2:45 pm - 3:15 pm GREEN CORRIDOR: INITIATIVES IN THE AUSTRALIA – NORTH ASIA BULK CARRIER TRADE
• Industry collaboration in the design LNG fuelled bulk
• Optimisation of LNG bunkering supply chains to
support efficient bunkering of iron ore carriers along
the trading route
• Development of LNG bunkering regulation and
licencing in Western Australia ports
• Initiatives by Pilbara Ports to prepare for an LNG
STREAM B - EMISSION REDUCTION3:15 pm - 3:45 pm LESSONS LEARNED FROM LNG: HOW TO IMPLEMENT THE SAFETY FRAMEWORK FOR ALTERNATIVE FUELS IN A PORT
• What are the main hurdles in legislation?
• Key things to consider when spatial planning
• Important safety measures that must be in place
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm AFTERNOON BREAK AND NETWORKING
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm HABONIM VALVES & ACTUATORS: 70 YEARS IN THE VALVE MARKET AND A MARKET LEADER IN SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE CRYOGENICS, MARINE AND AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS
• Unique bidirectional floating cryogenic valves - 3 piece and flanged
• Top entry trunnion double piston cryogenic valve - standard or with hub top for inexpensive insulation
• Special cryogenic configurations: multiport, DBB, diverters
• High-pressure cryogenics up to Class 3500
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm TOWARDS CARBON NEUTRAL SHIPPING: HOW DO WE GET THERE?
• An exploration of future proof ship designs, technologies and energy sources to reduce CO2 emissions in line with
IMO’s GHG targets towards 2030-2050
• Introduction of IMO’s GHG vision 2030-2050
• How ship owners and operators shall future proof their vessels in order to retain competitiveness and value of their
assets in the changing environment