Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Join
In this exclusive podcast, Carlos Mastrangelo, Facilities Manager at Petrobras USA talks to Oil & Gas iQ's Tim Haidar about the current challenges and strengths facing operators in the FPSO market today.
Over the course of the last few years, operators started to face significant in-house challenges during their feasibility studies, to select strategies to develop offshore fields. Essentially, the decision was simple: lease or own your own units.
Each operator has its own experience and take on both sides of the question. Carlos's presentation at IQPC's 7th FPSO Congress, will address how the prior experience affects future projects strategies. It will also show the need for carefully defined contracts, stipulating functional and detailed specifications and performance or purchase clauses.
The presentation will also address worst-case scenarios for some development strategies as well as the relative pros and cons of both the lease or owned routes.
In this podcast, Carlos touches on:
- A brief history of the rise of FPSOs from the seventies to the present day
- How important FPSOs are to the continued success of Petrobras?
- To own or not to own - that is the question
- Where he sees FPSO technology and implementation in the coming years
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below