Understanding API 6A Gate Valves (Infographic)
Key points in this infographic:
- Gate Valves are used for open and shut off and are not suitable for regulating flow.
- API 6A is the American Petroleum Institute Standard for oil and gas wellhead equipment.
- A forged body is stronger than cast body.
- Valves with a slab gate are simpler than the expanding gate type and capable of withstanding greater working pressures.
- Valves with an expanding gate are used to create a seal against both the upstream and downstream sealing faces.
- There are 2 types of flange connection 6B and 6BX.
- Commonest reasons for valve failure are seat / seal problems and underlying causes of scoring / galling.
Click the red button to download your FREE copy of the infographic