- Fox-IT was founded in 1999 as a consultancy firm for Forensic Expertise (the name was derived from Forensic Experts).
- Within the first few years of operations, Fox-IT was asked by a large telecommunications operator to deliver a service based on network monitoring. This led to the first Cyber Security Operations Center in the Netherlands and one of an initial handful in Europe.
- From these beginnings, Fox-IT has developed into Europe’s largest specialized cyber security company.
Fox-IT operates in three business areas:
- Cyber Threat Management this is a solution portfolio aimed at reducing the risks of cyber threats, and includes: professional services, managed security services, and technology.
- Web/Mobile event analytics this is a solution portfolio that is aimed at reducing financial risks in (online) payment transactions.
- High Assurance these are solutions that make trusted communication possible to the highest classification levels.
Fox-IT has been involved in many high-profile Incident Response cases. Most of the high profile cases we worked on are secret, but DigiNotar, KPN and Belgacom are public examples.
Fox-IT continuously uses its experience from its professional services to improve its managed security services and underlying technology platform to enhance prevention, detection and responses to known and unknown cyber threats.