Oil, Gas & Geopolitics: Predictions For 2016
"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future."
(Niels Bohr 1885 – 1962)
On January 1st 2015, with oil at $53 a barrel, who would have bet it would be a measly $30 twelve months later? Who would have bet that Iran would have come in from the cold, or China would go into economic freefall or that the European Union would have been inundated by an unrelenting flow of Middle Eastern refugees?
Had anyone played those odds, they would have become a very rich man on New Year’s Day 2016, so fraught with failure is presumption that seeks to be prophecy. Nevertheless, last year we made several predictions that came to fruition, and an educated guess is seldom misspent when there is no money on the line.
So, in the spirit of informed guestimation, we present you with ten predictions for the oil and gas and geopolitical landscape in 2016, and hope beyond hope that most are less prescient than they seem…
Click on the links on the side bar on the right to read our predictions or download the whole package in our special eBook at the link below!
Oil & Gas IQ
- Oil price: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Umweltbelastung_durch_Industrie%C3%B6le_in_Industriebrache_2_%28modified%29.jpg
- Tanks: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Azeri_T-72%2C_parad_in_Baku%2C_2013.JPG
- OPEC: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/OPEC.svg
Algeria: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Couleurs_alg%C3%A9riennes.jpg -
Attribution: By Gwili (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons
Refugee crisis: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Women_and_children_among_Syrian_refugees_striking_at_the_platform_of_Budapest_Keleti_railway_station._
Attribution: By Mstyslav Chernov (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons
- Pump Gun: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Oil_War.svg - Attribution: By Ldgregory7 (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons
- All other images: Shutterstock
LEARN MORE: The Biggest Companies In Oil & Gas Companies
RELATED: Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
Have Your Say!
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the Comments below or via Twitter or LinkedIn