Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies: Gazprom
With a global share of gas reserves of 17%, Gazprom owns the world’s largest network of gas trunk linesAdd bookmark
Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies
Gazprom, a portmanteau of the Russian words Gazovaya Promyshlennost (gas industry), holds the world’s largest natural gas reserves.
With a global share of gas reserves of 17%, Gazprom owns the world’s largest network of gas trunk lines (171.2 thousand kilometres long), most of which are tied together into the Unified Gas Supply System (UGSS) of Russia. Although a private company, the majority shares of the company are owned by the Russian government.
Following major reforms initiated by President Vladimir Putin, the company saw a shift in management personnel and policy and later sales by its major subsidiaries resulted in the Russian government gaining the controlling share in the company.
Key facts and figures
- Gas reserves (trillions of standard cubic meters): 36.147
- Revenue: $106 billion
- Oil and condensate reserves (billion tons): 3.6
- Natural and associated gas production (annual/billion of cubic meters): 418.5
- Oil production (annual million tons): 15.3
- 462,4 thousand - Total workforce
- World’s largest gas transmission system 171.2 thousand kilometers
- President and CEO: Alexey Miller
Gazprom strategic projects
· Developing Yamal Peninsula resources
· Eastern Gas Program
· Pipeline gas supply to China
· Developing Russia’s Arctic shelf resources
· Nord Stream and TurkStream gas pipelines
DID YOU KNOW?
Gazprom loves sports! The company is the owner of football club Zenit St. Petersburg and sponsors of Schalke 04, Red Star Belgrade, the Russian professional cycling team Team Katusha, the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Super Cup.
GAZPROM'S VIDEO ON THE POWER WITHIN