Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Subscribe
In this exclusive interview Dave Wallis, Chair of Marketing for the PIDX Committee speaks with Tim Haidar of Oil & Gas iQ about the importance of data management and standardisation in today's global oil and gas industry.
Dave has spent all of his 40 year career in the Oil and Gas industry, liaising with numerous oil companies from majors, NOCs and independents to eCommerce market places, suppliers and standards bodies within Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
He also interacts with a number of European Commission supported workgroups on e-Commerce, and in 2007 was invited to the advisory board of the European Commission’s eBusiness W@tch.
He has co-authored a number of white papers on various aspects of eCommerce, and has most recently worked as Director of e-Commerce with Weatherford, a multi-billion dollar oilfield service and supply company and one of the 4 largest in the world.
In the course of the interview, Dave touches on:
- Why data management is so important for the oil and gas industry in the 21st century
- Why data standardisation is fundamental to an increasingly more data heavy energy sector
- The two areas of data in which standardisation can play a massive part in improving the who business process
- Why data management is far behind other industry verticals like pharmaceuticals and the automotive industry and what it can do to redress the balance
- Why the dynamic with IT functions within the oil and gas industry is often almost like a contracting relationship and not business integral and how this attitude can be changed
- PIDX's ongoing mission to inform and reform the way the opil and gas industry thinks about the data management process
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below