Women In The Oil & Gas Industry: A World Of Opportunity
In this exclusive interview, Saba Al Tukmachy, Career Development Manager at the Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) speaks with Oil & Gas iQ’s Editor In Chief, Tim Haidar, about the opportunities for and misconceptions about a woman wanting to embark on a career in the Middle Eastern oil and gas sector.
Beginning her working life as a dental surgeon, Saba made a successful career change into upstream oil and gas with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) in Dubai, before transitioning to work in a mainly downstream environment at ENOC in 2009.
In the course of her interview, Saba touches on:
- The best strategies for addressing the issue of career vs. life-style for females in oil and gas sector
- Best practices for ensuring personal satisfaction, professional growth and promotion of women within the oil and gas sector
- The importance of implementing incentives to attract females into technical/engineering jobs in oil and gas sector
- Saba’s own personal journey in the oil and gas sector and dispelling the misconceptions of prejudice in the MENA oil sector
- The Top 10 Oil & Gas Companies in the World
- 50 Oil & Gas People You NEED To Follow On Twitter
- Oil & Gas Industry: An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Production - An Introduction
- Oil and Gas Technology: The Future Is Now
- FPSO Resource Centre: Introduction to Floating Production Storage and Offloading
|Have Your Say|
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below