Or if you're already a Oil & Gas member, sign in below to download. Sign In Subscribe
In this exclusive interview, we speak with John Warren, Senior Legal Counsel, Petrobras Americas Inc about the intricacies of indemnification in the Gulf of Mexico.
John P. Warren, Jr. is the Senior Legal Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Petrobras America Inc. and its subsidiaries He is responsible for legal matters related to the United States subsidiary of Petrolio Brasiliero, one of the largest NYSE listed oil and gas companies in the world.
In the course of his interview, John speaks to:
- The current indemnity provisions in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) and how have things changed since the big event four years ago
- The lowdown on the Louisiana Anti-Indemnity Statute and the Marcel Provision and how are these affecting contracting in the GOM
- The interplay between indemnity and insurance provisions in Gulf of Mexico operations
- The definition of SIMOPS and an overview of how these can be used to limit exposure
- The anticipated upshot of the Macondo Trial. Will it have further ramifications in the way oil and gas companies do business in the USA?