Understanding API 6A Gate Valves (Infographic)
We respect your privacy, by submitting this form you agree to having your details passed onto the sponsor who may promote similar products and services related to your area of interest. For further information on how we process and monitor your personal data click here.
Key points in this infographic:
- Gate Valves are used for open and shut off and are not suitable for regulating flow.
- API 6A is the American Petroleum Institute Standard for oil and gas wellhead equipment.
- A forged body is stronger than cast body.
- Valves with a slab gate are simpler than the expanding gate type and capable of withstanding greater working pressures.
- Valves with an expanding gate are used to create a seal against both the upstream and downstream sealing faces.
- There are 2 types of flange connection 6B and 6BX.
- Commonest reasons for valve failure are seat / seal problems and underlying causes of scoring / galling.
Click the red button to download your FREE copy of the infographic