Pre-Conference Workshops: November 4
Monday, November 4th, 2019
2:00 PM Workshop J: Driving Operational Excellence to the Frontline: How to translate the business strategy into action
• Creating a sustainable Operational Excellence framework - even as conditions change
• Linking your Operational Excellence plan to business needs and changing objectives
• Identifying your performance gaps
• How to translate the business values and strategies and policies into action
• Changing the organizational culture to incorporate OE principles into the everyday
• Managing “daily improvement” and strategic scorecard / metrics and sustaining continuous improvement
• Weighing the pros and cons of centralized versus localized continuous improvement programs
• Developing the right continuous improvement framework for your business to improve reliability and operability
- Which organizational structures work to eliminate functional silos?
- How can you encourage and reward process ownership?
- What role do technologies like iBPM, cloud computing and data analytics have to play?
• Early execution learnings: Implementing structured metrics to monitor and measure process performance
Main Conference Day 2: November 6
Wednesday, November 6th, 2019
12:45 PM Organizational Excellence: Understanding the key building blocks you need to operationalize change
These interactive masterclasses will give you the opportunity to reflect on what you’ve heard over the past two days and consider the key takeaways you can begin using back
at the office tomorrow. Attendees are asked to choose one of the three topics below and will then gather with a group of peers for a facilitated session led by an experienced
in-house industry leader. Each masterclass is structured around the same format and outcomes: consider the 5 key requirements below that you’ll require for sustained success,
assess your own organization against these requirements, identifying where you feel gaps exist within your own organization - and the come up with a plan of action for what
steps you will take to address those gaps.
• Strategy: Vision, Key business Drivers, Set up, Process, Organization, Tools, Governance,Change Plan
• Priorities: Define priorities, alignment to strategy, optimal mix, creates intended outcomes, roadmap in place, improvements identified?
• Capabilities: How does your group stack up? Do you have the skill sets to deliver results and do you have the resources and support?
• Performance: How is you plan delivering against the promise? Do you have the processes, organization, tools and governance, have you assessed the gaps and created a plan
for the mid-course correction?
• Capacity: Do you have the appetite, commitment and talent to deliver? Do you have the right people and hands to execute?